Former high school and collegiate distance runner
Hometown: Former military brat. In 1988, I moved to Ogden, UT to run at WSU. I fell in love with the mountains and my husband (Guy) and stayed. I am a mother of 3 boys (one adopted from mexico) and 2 girls (sisters adopted from Kazakhstan in 2007.)
- Menchville High School, Newport News, Virginia, 1988
- Weber State University, Ogden Utah, 1992
- Big Sky Conference Champion: 3000 meters
- Participated in the 1991 NCAA Div.1 XC National Championships
- Ranked #1 US in 2005 for 35 to 39 age-group, USA Triathlon National Rankings
- Multiple USA Triathlon age-group All-American
- Multiple Triathlon World Championship qualifier for Olympic and 70.3 distance.
- “Chopping wood and carrying water “since 1984
Education: Weber State University graduate, B.S. in Physics Teaching
- Certified USA Triathlon Coach
- Certified Sports Nutrition Advisor (CSNA-Master level)
- Certified Strength Trainer
- Coaching endurance athletes of all levels and ages since 1992.
- Has written many articles for Rocky Mountain Running and Triathlon magazine, Utahrunning.com, Wasatch Women Magazine and the SLRC Blog
- Currently coaching the distance runners year round at Bonneville High School.
Running is the purest sport there is. It will always be my most favorite form of exercise as nothing else makes me feel as free and alive.
General Training Philosophy: If I am going to make a mistake, I choose to be slightly under-trained. This keeps me injury free, refreshed, always improving and ready to race!
Who I am, really: Wife, mother of five, and the not so silent, silent partner of Salt Lake Running Company.