Hometown: Ogden, UT (by way of Elko, NV)
Former high school and collegiate distance runner
- Nevada and Utah State Track Champion: 800 meters, 1600 meters, 3200 meters, Medley Relay
- 1988 National Jr. Olympic X-C Bronze Medalist: 5000 meters
- Member, 1989 USA Jr. Track Team: 3000-meter steeplechase
- Big Sky Conference Champion: Distance Medley Relay
- Participant 1994 NCAA XC National Championships: 10,000 meters
- USA Triathlon Age Group All American
- Finisher of numerous road and trail marathons, XTERRA, Kokopelli Half Ironman, Utah Ironman, Mountain Extreme Off-Road Ironman, The Endurance 100 MTB Race and the Logan to Jackson Bike Race
- XTERRA National Championship Qualifier
- World ITU Cross Triathlon Qualifier
Education: Weber State University graduate, B.A. in Economics, B.A. in Psychology, minor in coaching, 1995
Family: Wife Debbie, and father of 5 children.
Business: Founder, President, and CEO of the Salt Lake Running Company, ranked as a Top 50 running specialty store in America six years running. Former board member of the Independent Running Retailers Association (IRRA), 2010 Utah Business “Forty under Forty” honoree, featured in a Utah CEO spotlight by Utah CEO magazine, “Peoplescape” Feature in Salt Lake Magazine, and Utah Stories Magazine.
Cancer survivor, coach, husband, father…..SHOE GEEK!